Friday, June 17, 2011

Stories from the Street: Brenda's Story


Brenda grew up on the West Side, but she has no family to speak of today. She finds shelter in the evenings at the Pacific Garden Mission, but tells me that the food is not that good. She holds a sign that says, "By the grace of God I am hungry and homeless." What a radical statement that is! Her circumstances are dire but she trusts that God is going to use her in this situation for his glory. Another person might curse God in this situation, but Brenda somehow holds fast to her faith.

Join me in raising $5,000 to help break the cycle of homelessness for women and men like Brenda in Chicago, as I train for this years Chicago Marathon. I invite you to make a tax deductible donation at http://www.active.com/donate/crossroadsrunners/edduffy

No comments: